» Rumregionen » Antigua » Betty's Hope sugar plantation

Betty's Hope sugar plantation

Antigua


Geschichte

1651    Betty's Hope sugar plantation was founded by Christopher Keynall
1780    The number of slaves at the estate was 393 persons
1921    The estate's sugar cane output was sent to the Central Sugar Factory, but the Betty's Hope sugar works were still maintained
1944    The Codringtons sold Betty's Hope to the Antigua Sugar Estates Ltd.
1987    A Committee was established to conserve the Betty's Hope site
1990    The sugar mill tower started restoration and the Betty's Hope Trust was formed.

[Die Quelle: Betty’s Hope sugar plantation, zitiert 2010]



TOPlist
Seit 1997
•  Startseite •  Neuigkeiten •  Links •  Sitemap •  Rumlexikon •  Kontakt •  Letzte Aktualisierung: 2.5.2010