Leider habe ich keine Etiketten:(
An estate, originally some 480 acres in extent, on the banks of the Layou River. In 1827 it was worked by 71 slaves who produced 38,325 pounds of sugar, 620 gallons of rum and 1,977 gallons of molasses. In the late 19th century it shifted production to cocoa, coffee and limes and in the 20th century added coconuts to its list of crops. It was owned in the early 19th century by the heirs of William Davies and then in the 1860s by James Garraway & Co. In the 1870s it was owned by William Charles and in the 20th century by E. Nesty, the Potters and then T.D. Shillingford. The ruins of a plantation house and sugar works still stand in the bush.