Distillerie Fonds Preville / S.C.A. Héritiers Crassous de Medeuil|
The first mention of Habitation Bellevue dates back to 1671, when it was owned by Mr Roy.
In 1913 the house was bought by the Gustave Crassouse de Médeuil, who also bought the Fonds-Préville estate and the rum distillery JM.
In 1934, Habitation Bellevue burned down and was rebuilt. In 1974, the Bellevue was merged with the JM distillery.
In 2002 Habitation Bellevue was bought by the GBH group. On the 200 ha estate, sugar cane is grown on 80 ha for the JM distillery and bananas are grown on 60 ha. In 2015, restoration work began on the buildings, which are now open to the public.
[Source: Belle Martinique (relevant page), cited 2022]