Todhunter-Mitchell Distilleries, Freeport
Formed in 1979, Associated Bahamian Distillers and Brewers Limited (ABDAB) is the holding company of what is now The Bahamas' third largest employer (after the Government and the Atlantis resort), controls over 50% of Bay Street (the economic centre of tourist Nassau) and is one of the largest publicly owned companies in The Bahamas. ABDAB's investments encompass a broad array of facets including Real Estate Investment, Advertising, Public Relations, Manufacturing, Distributing and the Retailing of many internationally known brands. Its international business partners have included Heineken and Bacardi.
Back in 1979, ABDAB originally owned 100% of Burns House Limited (BHL), Bethell Robertson Limited (BRC) and 15% of Commonwealth Brewery Limited (CBL). The company held its initial public offering in 1985 after which ABDAB increased its share holding in CBL to 20%. After a number of share swapping and other arrangements ABDAB has ended up with 60% ownership in BHL and 47% of CBL, with Heineken retaining the remaining shares. In 2000, Butler & Sands, Wholesale Wines & Spirits, Todhunter-Mitchell Distilleries and Lucayan Ship Chandlers were acquired by BHL.
Todhunter was founded in 1964 by A. Kenneth Pincourt, Jr. in the Bahamas. In 1989 it bought up all of the production facilities in Florida from Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Inc. In the mid-1990s Todhunter acquired the Cruzan Rum.
In recent years Todhunter-Mitchell has moved its bottling operation from Freeport in Grand Bahama to the Commonwealth Brewery in Nassau, New Providence.
Hier finden Sie die Beschreibung der Etiketten
bs_5: Don Lorenzo Gold Reserve
bs_6: Don Lorenzo Dark Reserve
bs_7: Don Lorenzo 151 Proof
bs_8: Don Lorenzo Coconut
bs_1: Imported; Ron Ricardo Liqueur; Coconut Rum; Todhunter-Michell Distilleries Ltd.; Since 1859
bs_2: Ricardo Coconut Rum; Product of Bahamas; Since 1859
bs133: Ricardo Pineapple Rum; 60 proof, 30% alc/vol; Product of The Bahamas; Todhunter-Mitchell Distillers Limited, Freeport, Bahamas; Since 1859