The Thicket


Geschichte

Carnochan in 1816 had constructed a tabby sugar mill and rum distillery on the banks of Carnochan Creek in McIntosh County at the Thicket.

North of the curing house at the Thicket are the tabby ruins of Georgia's first rum distillery.

[Die Quelle: Georgia Department of Natural Resources, zitiert 2006]

The rum distillery were operated successfully on a commercial scale until 1824.

[Die Quelle: Georgia Historic Markers, zitiert 2006]


Bildergalerie

Diese Website verwendet Cookies, um sicherzustellen, dass Sie die bestmögliche Erfahrung auf unserer Website erzielen. Mehr erfahren