Alvarez Camp & Co., Ltd., Freeport
Matusalem & Co.|
|Sehen Sie auch:||
Alvarez, Camp & Co, Santiago de Cuba|
Matusalem & Co.
The company started by the Camp brothers in 1872 as a family affair. It was originally called Camp & Brothers, S.A. Around 1912 Benjamin Camp moved back to Spain, from there on the company was in the hands of his brother Eduardo and Evaristo Álvarez. Eventually, one of the daughters of Evaristo Álvarez married the son of Eduardo Camp.
In the early 1900's the son of Evaristo, Claudio Álvarez LeFebre entered the company. The corporate name was then changed to Álvarez Camp & Co. The "new" Cuban rum rapidly caught on in the world's markets.
In the early 1940's Claudio Álvarez LeFebre's only son, Claudio Álvarez Soriano, joined the firm. His hard work and outstanding administrative skills earned him the respect of workers and competitors alike. From here on, the company experienced a period of tremendous growth and by the 1950's it had already captured 50% of the Cuban market.
Matusalem was the leading rum sold in Cuba. At the beginning of the year 1956 died Claudio Álvarez LeFebre and six months later Claudio Álvarez Soriano, too. That same year starts the guerrilla war against President Fulgencio Batista. By 1960 the Álvarez family, the company and the country were utterly changed - forever. It was the end of an era.
In 1961 was established Matusalem & Co in U.S.A.
Hier finden Sie die Volltexte der Etiketten
bs19: Rum; Gran Reserva; Ron Matusalem; Establecido en 1872; 80 Proof; Produced and Bottled by Alvarez Camp & Co., Ltd., Freeport, Bahamas; Formely of Santiago de Cuba; 40% alc/vol; Product of Bahamas; Medals Awarder to Matusalem; 1881, 1904, 1911; Silver Medal, Matanzas, Cuba; Gold medal, St. Luis, U.S.A.; Gold Medal, Habana, Cuba